• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Do I have a Number?

Jamie Young

I noticed we are pushing 10,000 members now and I was just curious if you have a record of when each of us signed up here? I Think I signed on when there were under 1700 of us. Just Curious :)

Hi Sodapop,

Your member number is 5076. You've probably been lurking since we've had 1,700 members or so. ;)

The member number isn't necessarily indicative of how many members we have though. We will have a member with a number of 10000 before we have a total of 10,000 members.

Example: Our most recent member as of now is RichardEdward. His member number is 9968, but the counter shows TFL as having 9808 members. The reasons for the discrepancy are many: Banned members, members who've changed their handles, duplicates, etc.

I'm depressed :(
Honestly I think your right about lurking for awhile. I was new to the whole computer and internet thing and thought you had to know what you were talking about before posting. I think my first post was in the wrong forum too :)
Well 5000 ain't bad especially when we hit 100,000 Members.

Depressed? Don't be!

My member number is 1518 and my two-year anniversary on TFL was last Friday. I *know* I remember TFL with fewer than 1,000 members. I guess I lurked awhile for the same reasons as you. :)

Besides, everybody knows that your registration date, member status and number of posts don't mean anything. Your thoughtful responses, your adherence to the High Road, your helpfulness, and your well thought-out opinions are what make you valuable as a member.

Just think, If Mas Ayoob or Jeff Cooper were to sign up with TFL they would start as a Junior member with 0 posts. Would *you* discount their opinions because they weren't Senior Members? I sure wouldn't! :)

The numbers are skewed. When we changed from UBB to vBulletin all the member numbers were reset based on the alphabet for anyone who registered before the change.

I hear ya BluesMan :)
I don't know how I thought of almost 1000 posts in one year. I'm defanitely not the top of the crop here but I ask a lot of questions and I've learned so much from the smart guys. I totally don't care about how many posts I have. I see plent of 1000 + members that don't believe a Mini 14 can shoot 2 MOA and an FAL can shoot 1 MOA. I have plenty of friends here and I started organizing shoots with TFL Members. We had 9 people out at our Pennsylvania TFL shoot last week and a couple of the guys drove 2-3hrs just to shoot with ME :D. If that ain't friendship or loyalty what is?

I feel like I fit in here.

:cool:

You have a number...we all do. It's only a matter of time before it is branded on your forehead. The numbers on your papers must match this number. Papers must be shown upon request. WHERE ARE YOUR PAPERS? SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS! :D :D :D

Caeca Invidia Es - Are you sure the numbers were reset? Mine is the same as it was when I first registered a couple of years ago. The odds of it being the same after an alphabetized reorg are astronomical.

BTW, SodaPop and anyone who wants to know you can determine your own member number by selecting your own profile and then checking the URL that shows up in the address window of your browser. It will end in "&userid=nnnn".

And thats the number that will be branded on my head?

SodaPop, run for your life if Rich has the 666 branding iron with him! ;)

666 eh? Well lessee, that number belongs to a member named
mal!! He/she has never posted once. I sure hope it wasn't me! I don't remember registering under that name. ???

Or maybe the devil made me do it. We'll never know, will we?

And thats the number that will be branded on my head?
Oh, no, it won't be the number from here. It will likely be either a country code or just plain "US" followed by your Social Security number. They may add another character at the end to state wether you are a patriot or a loyalist.

US-XXX-XX-XXXX-P

Stop running, Sodapop! Somebody used that _666_ branding iron upsidedown on Mal. He think's he's _999_ now. :D

I'm not sure that the alphabetic enumeration is completely correct, Shaun.

Hit anyone's profile button in this thread and then change the last digit in the URL to the next consecutive digit. The ones I have seen are not grouped alphabetically, they are grouped by date of registration.

Mal, iffen yer number the same after the stirrin o the pot, quick, go buy a lottery ticket.

2766, oops, me gonna git one too.

Hey Soda,

I registered on April 14, 2000, so I've been here slightly over 14 month (I had a few days with a previous user name, but not many posts...)

So far, 3,977 posts...

You're not thinking enough. :D

Quite honestly, though, I thought for some reason that I had been a member for TWO years, not one. That surprised me.

No wonder I'm not getting anything done at the office. I'm always here.

Back