Do All 12 Ga. Autos Have Recoil Springs??

Gary H

I found favorable reports of reduced 12 gauge loads through the Remington 1100. I found the Outer's Cadet stock with 12 1/2" LOP. I purchased an 1100 per the Walmart thread..thanks.. I purchased a second 1100 when I picked-up the first. I'm thinking that I can cut it to LOP 11 3/4". Ooops, the recoil device's retaining nut makes 12 1/2" about as short as it will go.

Is this also true of all other 12 gauge autos? Are there autos out there that can be cut this short?

The only one I know of is the Mossberg jungle gun. It has the recoil spring on the mag tube so a folding stock can be attached.

Thanks for your help

The suggestion of just one gun answers the question. I know that some 20 gauge might be a bit more cooperative in cutting the stocks.

Question,

How do they do the recoil spring on youth 1100s or 11-87s? If the recoil spring and housing are shortened perhaps it could just be switched out for a full size one? Don't neccesarily have to use a youth sized stock but if the recoil spring and extension are just marginally shorter it might work out just fine.

I don't know about the 11-87, but I thought that the youth 1100 was a 20 gauge and the LOP was still rather long 13".

Back