DIY "solvent traps"

Don't know have you googled "solvent trap kit" and checked any of the pages of results?

Solvettrap.net has a 15% off sale right now.

FWIW I don't call it DIY if all you have to do yourself is place the order. That sounds too much like when my wife "makes" dinner and comes with it ready to eat in a box or bag.

The places I found still advertising are 4X the price of 8 months ago. At that price(nearly as much for a "kit" as a lower end finished suppressor), I'll just wait for more progress on the HPA.
The tube and end cap units @ $50 +/- seem to have disappeared.

I loosely followed that trend for several months having been bit by the suppressor bug. Unfortunately if you want to build something that is heavy/pile of poo it does, like you siad, cost as much as a low end suppressor from a manf. I think the word has gotten out on building these as well as to submit form 1-4s online.

"Unfortunately if you want to build something that is heavy/pile of poo it does, like you siad, cost as much as a low end suppressor from a manf."

I adamantly disagree with this statement. I have a pair of Form 1 suppressors that started life as tube/cap combinations 2 years ago. Yes, they are heavier than the lightest factory units but comparable to the mid level factory units AND the DIY units can be effective, quiet, and economical(approx $50 each).

Holy cow! Where are you buying parts? I compiled parts and was in the $300 range for what would again be mediocre build. Your google-fu must be stong.

$45-50(per set) is what the tubes and end caps cost 2 years back. I won't say where the baffles came from but the cost was "minimal".

Back