Diy Joint Pin and extractor?

Kyle2014

Inactive
I'm seeking help in making a replacement Joint Pin, and am in need of an extractor for a old shotgun I picked, up Stevens model 350.

I cant find then any were to buy that have the parts I need so I need to make then from scratch and don't know were to start.

Short story the last owner got a professional gun smith to make him an joint but it was make of stainless steel bent on the first shot.

They made a double with this part number, is this it?

The hinge pin has to be turned for a tight fit, and hardened then tempered. Also, some of these pins have a serrated end, that made them stay permanently in the frame when pressed in. The can be removed, but they're tight.

Edit: Take a look at the model 335. I wouldn't doubt that the parts are the same, as Stevens never made drastic changes between the models of these. The hinge pin looks like the ones in the newer models, which have the small hole through it, and rounded ends. The extractor is for both shells.

Extractor and Pin at Numrich:

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/SavageStevensSpringfieldFox-33479/Shotguns-40503/335-41314.htm?page=2

Last edited:
IIRC, Brownells has hinge pins and reamers in several common sizes.

I can't imagine a hinge pin made of any kind of steel bending on one shot, so I have to wonder if we are talking about the same thing. But Dixie is correct; they have to be properly fitted and hardened so should be made from drill rod or the equivalent for durability.

Jim

Back