Ditto!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete80

My poor Browning Buckmark is sporting some rust! I went shooting last Sunday, in the bright and wet hours of the morning. Could the moisture in the air be the cause of the rusting? I know Darth posted a topic similiar if not identical to mine but I was wondering, if after heavy usage and exposure to humid air should I wipe my pistol down to prevent the rust?

Oh, yeah, my Glock 21 shows absolutely no signs of rust and it was in the same place as the Browning! Got to love plastics and Tenifer!

even stainless guns rust, or mine have discolored if not wiped down after shooting,
and especially my sp-101 I carry in my waist
and sweat on it all day, that sucker would
look nasty after 2 days of no oil, regular
steel guns would lose their finish fast if
neglected, 3in 1 oil is good for a rub down:}

Lest we forget, the PH factor varies among individuals. I have friends who have "acid" hands which requires the guns to be wiped diligently after handling. Others have drier hands and are more fortunate. Another factor is the environment you live in. Coastal regions near the ocean should promote rust (great if you're into browning your gun barrels).

Regardless of your hands and your environment, be sure to wipe down your gun thoroughly after each use. Keep some dessicant packs in your safe and a dehumidifier rod humming along.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back