Discontinuance of Colt Signature Series

Benton

Does anyone know why the Colt Blackpowder Signature Series is being discontinued? The website offers no indication. Uberti make a great product, but I still find this upsetting.

I saw this too. At first I was kicking myself for not having already bought an 1861 Navy (thinking that the prices will be going up). But now, I'm not sure if this means no more Colts, or just no more Colts with signatures engraved on the backstrap. Anybody know the real story?

Story I heard claims that Colt Blackpowder had their general offices in the Twin Towers, and all the top management were lost on 9-11....really don`t know if it`s fact or fiction...but it`s sad if we see no more Colt Blackpowder guns.......

Story I heard claims that Colt Blackpowder had their general offices in the Twin Towers, and all the top management were lost on 9-11....really don`t know if it`s fact or fiction

I looked at a list of all the companies that leased space in the TT, & I could not locate the name "Colt" anywhere, so that may just be rumor.

The rumor I just heard, was that Beretta recently bought-out the other Italian company that supplied Colt Black Powder with parts. What company? and what parts?, I wasn't able to find out.

Did 2nd generation Colt C&B pistols also contain Italian parts?

Back