Disconnect , simple change or not

cw308

My Colt 70 series disconnectors is rough on the sides not he top that rides the slide but the sides , I polished but didn't want to take any metal away . Could I just order a disconnectors from Wilson and drop it in ?

CW,the disconnector has nothing to do with slide to frame fit.
But since you seem to like fixing what ain't broke,a new disconnector will be a rather easy replacement,they almost never require additional work.

The sides don't really rub on anything.

The paddle, where the sear spring and disconnector ride on it, can sometimes do with some clean-up, there's usually an almost-invisible mold separation line right where the sear spring rides, and the area inside the window that bears on the sear pin might benefit from a little polishing.

I did quite a bit of prep on a Colt disconnector before installing it in a non-Colt, but it probably didn't really need it.

The reason I focused on the disconnector , with the slide off and I press the disconnectors down in the frame I can feel the roughness , the contact on the sear spring it smooth no burrs polished both , with the disconnector out of the gun the outer dimension at the top is not a smooth drum but rough , is not binding in the frame in any way , looks like it was made that way . I'm not looking for extra work but after market from EGW or Wilson look well made and smooth .

Back