Disassembly of Browning BL-22

JJR

I have a Browning BL-22 (.22 lever action) rifle that my dad bought for me the day I was born. It's now my sons. It's had about 7000 rounds through it in the last 30 years and I've come to realize that, other than the barrel, it's never really been properly cleaned.

How do I "field strip" this rifle (damned if I can figure it out)? What all should I do (cleaning wise) to give this gun the respect it deserves? Should I just take it to a gunsmith and have him completely disassemble it and give it a solvent bath?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Harley,

I am in your debt sir. Thank you very much! Looks like I've got some cleaning to do this weekend. :)

I'm also looking for the instructions

Sir,

A friend gave me a ML22 in a terrible condition. As the info in the owners manual is not very detailed, i'm looking for the take down instructions. Can you help me?

Krikke

The Gun Digest Book of FIREARMS ASSEMBLY/DISASSEMBLY - Part III : Rimfire Rifles has explicit instructions and cautions. probably is a book all rimfire owners need in their library.

Better yet, get the complete series by J. B. Wood if you own more than rimfires.

:D

The Gun Digest Book of FIREARMS ASSEMBLY/DISASSEMBLY - Part III : Rimfire Rifles has explicit instructions and cautions. Probably is a book all rimfire owners need in their library.

Better yet, get the complete series by J. B. Wood if you own more than rimfires.

:D

Back