Disassembly and assembly of the Ruger 10/22 Magazine

Albert Rasch

Inactive
Hello there everyone, I'm new to the forum and by way of introducing myself I thought you might be interested in something I put together a few days ago.

A few weeks ago we were shooting the old Ruger 10/22 out back when it started to misfeed or fail to feed. After messing around with it for a few seconds we could see that the rotary magazine was not feeding properly, it was getting stuck.

After we got home I took the time to photograph the disassembly, cleaning, and assembly procedure for anyone interested in doing so. It's really quite easy.

Disassembly and Assembly of the Ruger 10/22 Rotary Magazine.

It should be of some help to anyone a little worried of disassembling their magazines.

Regards,
Albert A Rasch
The Rasch Outdoor Chronicles
The Range Reviews: Tactical

There's an easy way and a hard way to wind that spring on the 10/22 magazine. If the spring nut has ever spun in your hand, you've discovered the hard way. Next time, try an 11mm or 7/16" socket to hold/spin that pesky little nut. I use a 3/8 drive socket, and found that a stubby pencil through the socket, works well to push that nut back into place on the mag. Give it a try...

Hello there everyone, I'm new to the forum and by way of introducing myself I thought you might be interested in something I put together a few days ago.

A few weeks ago we were shooting the old Ruger 10/22 out back when it started to misfeed or fail to feed. After messing around with it for a few seconds we could see that the rotary magazine was not feeding properly, it was getting stuck.

After we got home I took the time to photograph the disassembly, cleaning, and assembly procedure for anyone interested in doing so. It's really quite easy.

Disassembly and Assembly of the Ruger 10/22 Rotary Magazine.

It should be of some help to anyone a little worried of disassembling their magazines.

Regards,
Albert A Rasch
The Rasch Outdoor Chronicles
The Range Reviews: Tactical
There's an easy way and a hard way to wind that spring on the 10/22 magazine. If the spring nut has ever spun in your hand, you've discovered the hard way. Next time, try an 11mm or 7/16" socket to hold/spin that pesky little nut. I use a 3/8 drive socket, and found that a stubby pencil through the socket, works well to push that nut back into place on the mag. Give it a try...

Depending on how much you shoot your 10/22, it's always a good idea to break them down and clean them once a year. Also take note about lubing the magazines, don't do it, use graphite or another one like it.

Great pics and instructions OP, if you've never cleaned them now's a good time to get started!

Back