Disassembling FEG hi power clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesdavid

Inactive
I just bought a FEG copy of the hi power. It seems like a really nice gun. In fact, the fit and finish is noticeably better than my 1991 colt .45. Better polish, fewer tool marks, NO PLASTIC, and it doesn't rattle. I'm having trouble popping out the slide stop though. I'm using the safety to hold back the slide as usual. I also tried moving the slide back a little farther as someone posted in rec.guns at some point.

Any suggestions? Also, does anyone know if the frame on this gun is cast or forged? I'm wondering how long this gun will last.

Thanks

JD, I have a Feg, too. Try pushing the slide stop up or down, just a little. I, too, had trouble getting the slide stop out. It was catching on the slide. Reddog

James, some slide stops are real tight & need a little "gentle" persuasion. ;)
Don't hit it too hard as you might deflect off it & scratch the frame !

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/
Alternate E-mail
HS2000@ausi.com

Just don't take it TOO far apart. (I did and the trigger pin started to slide out on me during firing. After a while, I had to have the pin replaced) Use diesel fuel to clean the cosmoline/oil off. Keep it lightly lubed and get yourself an extended combat safty.

I have over 1000 through mine with no failures. ;)

Rob

Difficult removal of slide stop could be excess tension on the detent spring or too deep a cut in the stop pin. Of course, the stop has to be pushed up (toward the slide) for removal.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back