Disabling automatic ejectors ?

Bowser

Can I stop my Browning Citori from automatically eject spent cases?

I shot a lot of skeet, and I don't like having the cases flying out of the gun.

Thanks,

Bowser.

When those rare occasions arise where I'm not shooting an 870, I place my support hand to block the launch of the empties and then remove them. However, many doubles can be set to merely extract empties instead of flinging them into the next Zip Code. Check your owner's manual...

Gotta be somebody out there who will convert yours to extract only. In days of yore I shot quite a few Parkers, Brownings, W-21, custom Miruko etc and none had auto eject. The only auto ejector I owned was an Aya used for combat. Been over thirty years since I have been inside the lockwork of a Browning so have nil memory for conversion procedure.

Till you get it fixed, Dave's procedure works great.

Good luck with it....Sam

C.R. Sam

An AyA used for combat? Would you tell us more? What model, what circumstances?

Paul

PJR.....side by side, don't remember model, 24" true cylinder bbls. Purchased on open market. Ambush inhibiter in dense vegitation. A lot lighter and faster pointing than Thompson, no grease available. Four fast rounds. Buck and/or #2s. Very effective and the sound and fury very intimidating. 1960-1963 and again in 66/67.

Sam

Thanks for the responses folks. I found out that I can pay a gunsmith to modify it for me, or I can choose Option 2, which is to cover the breech opening with my hand as I break the action!

Needless to say, I am choosing the cheaper option!

Bowser.

Does anyone know if anybody makes a catch bag or something similar for a Browning Auto 5 so the empties don't go flying all over?

TLT, I don't know about the A-5, but shell catchers are available for a lot of autos. Trapshooters use them for singles. They're a little piece of stamped steel that attaches to the ejection port.

Back