Disabled vets

papadude

Inactive
All the seasons are over now and it's time for many to start planning next years hunts.
I live on 160 acres of timber in southern Iowa, zone 4 for non residents.
I am offering (free of charge of course)to any diabled vet the oppurtunity to hunt my place next season during the shotgun seasons or late muzzle loading season. I have several blinds built with propane heaters and a couple wheel chair accessible blinds.
My brothers and I have been hunting the place for the last 20 years and every year we build a new blind or two as well as putting in food plots. The wheel chair blinds were built for a disabled young man to turkey hunt in. But are located in prime deer area
We have a bunk house that my brothers stay in when they come down to bow hunt. It's nothing fancy but you're welcome to use it.
Pm me if you are interested. here are a couple pics of blinds.

Papadude;

Thank you, you just jumped to the top of my list of favorite posters.

God Bless you and your family for your support of our wounded heros.

papadude

You are the man I am a veteran myself and it always warms my heart when people open their homes and facilities to my brothers who were not so fortunate as I was in our service to this country bravo to you.

Papadude, you might want to check and see if there is a local version of the Wounded Warrier Project near you. They do a good job of matching up wounded vets with people like yourself.

The world needs more people like you sir. I'm a member of the VFW out here in Connecticut and will pass the word on to any interested disabled vets. It's a bit of a ride for them, but hunt aside I know many of them will just want to shake hands with someone who would provide such a service for them.

Doyle Wounded Warriers Project is a great organization but they only deal with vets wounded after 911 and I want to make my offer to ALL wounded vets.

Doyle Wounded Warriers Project is a great organization but they only deal with vets wounded after 911 and I want to make my offer to ALL wounded vets

Learn something new every day. Thanks for your desire to disabled vets of all eras.

A group of fishermen with boats that I used to hang around with did the same kind of thing. They hooked up with vets through the local VA hospital.

Doyle Wounded Warriers Project is a great organization but they only deal with vets wounded after 911 and I want to make my offer to ALL wounded vets.

How about contacting the DAV? I'm the Adjutant of the Chapter here and can get you in touch with the national folks if you'd like to.

Thank you for such a gracious offer.

Brad

Last edited:
mquail thanks for the in put I will be going to our local DAV monthly meeting this month and offer my place for hunting.
I also know there are a lot of people out of state that want to hunt Iowa because of our monster bucks and it is difficult to find private ground to hunt.
thus my offer.

If you encounter a disabled Vet who is blind or visually impaired I'd like to offer my assistance with his/her hunt. I have 12 hunting seasons of experience assisting a blind hunter and have equipment for this purpose. I'm in Missouri a few miles south of Centerville Ia.

Back