Dings in finish on CZ

L. Boscoe

I have managed to chip part of the finish on my CZ 97,
45 at the rear sight due to removing the original and installing an optic plate then reversing the procedure.
I think it is caracote, or something like that, black and usually a pretty tough coating. The damage is minor, but as I plan to sell it, I thought there might be a simple way to repair the dings. Any ideas most welcome

As I recall, CZ used a Black lacquer base finish.
Brownell's sell "Aluma-Hyde" aluminum finish that should be a close match.

Another option is fingernail polish, or Gloss Black paint, like the old Rust-oleum in the small cans.

I mentioned Dupli color because it's recommend across time on the CZ forums.

Probably everything bonds equally well. Even testor glass bottle model paint.

While I love the quality of CZ guns, I mostly hate the finish on them. With two exceptions. They came out with a glossy blue for their CZ 75B, which is a beautiful deep blue finish. And, their stainless guns are nicely finished as well. I've stayed away from their black-painted guns.

I like the finish, whatever it is, on my new CZ75 Compact.

Attachments

• E4E58FDE-E0D4-4C48-A463-DF4DAE48C418.jpeg
    E4E58FDE-E0D4-4C48-A463-DF4DAE48C418.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 43
While I love the quality of CZ guns, I mostly hate the finish on them. With two exceptions. They came out with a glossy blue for their CZ 75B, which is a beautiful deep blue finish. And, their stainless guns are nicely finished as well. I've stayed away from their black-painted guns.

The slide finish/treatment on my Shadow 2 and P-07 are both a nitride treatment with a very deep, dark finish that appears almost bronze in certain light. It is very durable and good-looking.

I’m not sure why they still use the Polycote on some pistols, when they clearly have a better finish available on some products.

I would suggest that you contact CZs customer service. They might have a touch up that would exactly match the rest of the finish.

Back