Dillon holsters

STEVE M

Have any of you used their holsters? I've been thinking of getting one of their master holsters for my 1911 but am concerned about the quality. (I'm used to Milt Sparks).

I use the Master series holster for every pistol I have that a model is available.

They carry quite well and present a smooth not snagging profile for concealed carry. The down side to these is that when engaged in physical activities involving diffeerent positions such as in a 3 gun match, the lack of retaining force on the pistol allows the gun to slide forward and out of the holster, like when a shooter goes to prone position firing a rifle.

For 99% of what you do with a pistol, these are a great buy.

I carry a P220 in a Dillon Master. It rides very comfortably, has just a little more rake than most pancake-style rigs and keeps the butt tucked into the side. I have four Kramer rigs for a 4516, and putzed around on ordering the Master for it until the day after they shipped out the last one. If I had ordered it a few years sooner, I would probably have only one OWB rig for it:mad:

Kanelly at Sparks is a fanatic for quality leather stock, and insists that the best quality cow hide is as good as horse. The revolver rigs I've bought from them have been in service now for several years, and simply don't show their age.

I bought one on sale as a gift for my Dad, and it's OK. Not up to the standards of a FIST or a Sparks, though. I'd recommend spending the extra on a really nice skin.

Back