Dillon 650 Aluminum Platform?

dyl

Hey all,

Dillon just sent me an aluminum platform to take the place of the steel one on my 1993 "vintage" press. It was in response to my asking them what updates I should think about. The miser in me wants to keep the steel platform until it wears out.

Anyone know why the switch from steel to aluminum platforms in Dillon 650's? The platform would be the equivalent of the carrier on a Lee Loadmaster for those not familiar.

And I also suspect, if I don't switch it now, I never will because I probably won't ever "wear out" the platform.

The old steel platform can bend the ramp that feeds the case. It is rare but it happened more than enough that they did a redesign of the platform. If you do have the revised platform I would change it now.

The old steel platform can bend the ramp that feeds the case.

Oh do you mean the Station 1 Locator? The little piece that comes with each conversion kit that acts as rails over the case rim?

Wait, I don't understand.
Dillon sent you the part for free, or you have to pay for it?
They usually send out parts to update/upgrade old machines for free.
If you got it for free, what does you being a miser have to do with anything?
Anyway, seems to me that no matter how brilliant and informed the advice is that you get on this fine forum, you'd probably get even better quality advice by asking your question of ..... Dillon.

Back