difficulty of getting into the firing line

Paul B.

Is anyone else having this problem?????
As I type this, it is more than 28 hours since I have been able to get onto the firing line. Since about 10 AM MST yesterday, 5/4/99, I have been timed out. When I have gotten on, things work for a while, then as I go to the next subject, it takes longer to get it, then time outs. Finally I could not get on at all, just time outs. I started today at 10 AM MST, and have tried off and on to get on. It is now 5:15 PM MST. I can't even get subjects in any of the forums to load. I'm surprised I was able to get to post this as a new subject. Heck, I'm not even sure it'll get on.
Paul B.
COMPROMISE IS NOT AN OPTION!

DUnno.. I was recieving Server errors last week, but Rich got on the situation right away and all was well the next day.

Rich is out of town this week, but I'm sure that any board wide problems would be addressed quickly.

------------------
-Essayons

Ive been experiencing this problem...im using aol are you using the same.......for a while everything was working great, and then it either times out or once I get on I cant open anything in the forums with out timing out.....it seems to be around the 39% loaded and it take s for ever for that 39% to load....fubsy.

Thanks Rob...I'm on the portable, though time on line has been limited.

Paul:
I use Adelphia cable at home and Netcom on the road...no problems.

Here's a trick. When you're having a problem logging on, open a second browser and go to a different site simultaneously. If both take forever to load, look to your ISP for the problem.
Rich

[This message has been edited by Rich Lucibella (edited May 05, 1999).]

Gadzooks! It worked! Yes I am on AOL too. Maybe the problem is with them. Thanks for the answers.
Paul B.
COMPROMISE IS NOT AN OPTION!

Heres a fix that seems to have worked for me...last night right before the power went out...got hold of aol and they had me delete my temporary internet files ...going though my aol.....then preferences......etc...and then went in through the control panel to network and deleted something in there...and it works great now..like it should......call aol if your using them and they can talk ya through it.....fubsy.

Back