Differences between the 3913 and the 3913TSW (tactical)??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hes

Inactive
Does anyone know the differences between the 3913 and the 3913TSW (tactical)? The TSW is slightly shorter and slightly longer, and just a bit heavier, not sure why. Beyond that, S&W provides no info on their web site.

Thanks for the help!

Henry
Greenville TX

Looks like the 3913 TSW holds 7+1 and the standard 3913 holds 8+1. If I were you, I would look at the 6906 (still a small gun) and the 4013. They're both very concealable and both hold more rounds than the other two.

Ben

There are other differences as well. Overall - the TSW line looks similar to the regular production line, but they do include some Performance Center style features. The frame rails of the TSW pistols are oversized, and there is a difference in the locking system which they call "delayed" locking which is supposed to reduce felt recoil. Also, some of the TSW pistols have a reduced mag capacity due to the frame being notched for a shorter (profiled) magazine. If you look at the pictures of them, it makes the grip look a bit sleeker. Not all TSW pistols are this way, so look carefully at the one you want. I believe the DAO guns are the ones that are profiles like this, but you need to verify if the model you are looking at is one. The 3913 in either version is an outstanding piece, only to be eclipsed by the DAO version - the 3953 - in my opinion. The DAO versions of all the pieces are in fact sleeker since they do not have the slide mounted safety. Enjoy - .......SmithNut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back