Difference in wait times?

balyon85

I'm on the fence on if I want a serbu super shorty or an all out sbs. I know the tax stamp is different, $5 vs $200, but is the wait time the same?

It's the same examiner and, as far as I know, the same wait time. Unless there's some internal paperwork difference I'm not aware of.

More importantly, considering it's taking so long these days, even if there was a difference it wouldn't be much. There's almost no market for used NFA items, so most likely you're going to have this gun for life. Even if there was a difference in wait times (and I don't think there is), you should pick based on which one you want more, not which one might take less time. I vote get the SBS.

Last edited:
I was leaning to a sbs. I like the super shorties, but don't like that they hold only two in the tube. Their breacher barrel wouldn't be bad, but anything with a buttstock is prefered, thanks. Got to get with my local class 3 dealer and find the perfect shotgun. Thanks.

There's almost no market for used NFA items, so most likely you're going to have this gun for life

Wrong. There is almost no market for used suppressors but people buy and sell used SBR, SBS, AOW, and machine guns every day.

Willie Lowman said:
Wrong. There is almost no market for used suppressors but people buy and sell used SBR, SBS, AOW, and machine guns every day.
Good point. I live in a state where machine guns, SBSs, and SBRs are illegal and AOWs are mostly novelty guns; 99.9% of my NFA experience is with suppressors. I knew machine guns were a used market of course, but I wasn't aware that there was a large used market for those other NFA items. But now that I think of it, it makes sense. Thanks for the correction.

Back