Difference between Pedersoli TD carbine and Cimarron

polska

Got the bug to get a Trapdoor Carbine and doing some research I found out that Pedersoli makes all the TD carbines for all the Italian Repro's. Does anyone know why the Pedersoli is 41 1/2" long with a 22" barrel and the Cimarron has a 22" barrel and is 46 1/2" long. A five inch difference with the same barrel length. I thought it was a misprint but every dealer or add I read has the same info. Does anyone own either of these carbines and could shed some light.

No but I can do arithmetic.
Wiki says the 1873 rifle is 52" OAL with a 32.5" barrel.
32.5 - 22 = 10.5
52 - 10.5 = 41.5

A careful draughtsman might scale it off of a picture.

I think Cimarron is just wrong.

Jim's calculations are certainly correct - my guess is that the 46 1/2" is an incorrect dimension that has been repeated over and over again. Just because it is advertised by a "dealer" does not make it correct. A dealer may not have ever actually made a measurement - to many it is just another gun to sell. Give Cimmaron a call and ask them about it - a trap door is a trap door and I can't see any way that with both having a 22" barrel they could gain 5" unless it is a special run for an increased length of pull for guys whose knuckles drag on the ground when they walk! :-)

Good luck to you - a trap door is a fun gun.

Back