Difference between 7.62x 25 and Mauser

Riss

Have seen 7.62 x 25 and Mauser ammo marked several different ways. But it all looks dimensionally the same. I have a CZ 52 chambered for the 7.62 x 25. Is all this ammo the same stuff of could some actually be loaded to higher pressures for rifle ? Wanted to check before I blow the thing up.

Well, they've been making 7.62x25 for over 106 years for a number of different guns, in several different countries, so some dimensional variations have likely crept in that might keep one round from chambering in a gun from somewhere else. But they usually go right in.

The loads, however, have varied a LOT. Generally, the loads increased with time. Taking the C96 Mauser as a baseline, Tokarev is loaded hotter, and Czech is hotter still. The scarce and unusual Schwartzlose and Mannlicher pistols with the same chamber took substantially lighter loads than even a Mauser. And I don't even want to think about shooting something as rare and valuable as a Borschardt, even though it's chambered for the very first version of the 7.62x25.

So that CZ-52 should hold up to anything on the market.

Basically what I thought. I knew there are pistol rounds and was not sure how much they differed. Say fromthe round made for the Russian SMG that fires the 7.62 x 45.

Back