Difference between $300 Taurus/S&W and $1000 Wilson Combat Revolver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lp , I can't speak for Wilson's revovlers as I have never handled one but I have had 4 Jack Weigand custom revolvers and they are well worth the money if you want to own the best . A stock revolver is fine but a custom one is a real treat to shoot and show off . Everytime I show someone one of the Weigand customs they say how neat it looks and how smooth the action is . I believe they shoot better because of the precision fitting of components , trued cylinder/consistent and tighter cylinder gaps , better cut forcing cones and better muzzle crowns [Something that Jack or any first class smith will do , I do not know about Wilson]. The revolver shown in your link is a model 66 so you figure $375 for the gun new , $30 for the nylon grips , $150 for the action work , $150 for the sights , $140 for beadblasting and stippling , add the FET on the custom gun and something for the Wilson name and you have your $1000 . Jack Weigand would probably build the same gun for $750-$800 [guess] and not knocking Wilson but I KNOW Jack builds a sweet revolver . Good luck , Mike...

$700 & impeccable attention to detail, excellent customer service, lifetime guarantee, as well as a great gun.

------------------
SURE SHOT

The $700 difference is that it works. Smiths usually have such poor quality control it takes 700 bucks to make sure everything fits right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back