did they ever make a poly choke for the .410 ???

I'm not much of a shot gunner, ( well I shoot mostly my hammer doubles for CAS ) I already have one ( 12 ga ) , & have started a 2nd ( 20 ga ) & could see doing a 3rd, in .410... folding shotguns... that I'm setting them up kinda like the pocket fisherman of shotguns... I like the old H&R's, I cut the barrel short enough, that with the poly choke installed, the barrel is the same length as the stock, with a good recoil pad, when folded up tightly... thinking is I can keep it in the truck, & go hunting at a moments notice, from ducks & geese, to turkeys & pheasants, to deer or bear, with the twist of the choke, & the proper shell...

I put a fiber optic bead on my 12 ga...

anyway, I do shoot a fair amount of .410, & bought MRS a Czech single shot "Cotton Tail" .410 a couple years ago... wondering if I could do a compact folder... but I've never seen a poly choke in .410... do they exist ???

Mossberg did (early 1960's), on the M183KB, with their version of a PolyChoke, the C-Lect Choke(s) with external choke tubes.

185d.jpg

thanks... I actually found one tube...

my understanding, is those are like screw in choke tubes, only the threads are on the outside, & the choke tube screws on & they are not adjustable like a poly choke, but are at a fixed choke tube, like regular screw in choke tubes ???

The Mossberg C-Lect choke was adjustable, just like the Poly. I had one. I forget what those external tubes were called.

My Winchester Model 40 skeet gun has a Lyman Cutts Compensator on it and it uses screw on not in choke tubes. It's not a .410 though.

I cut the barrel short enough, that with the poly choke installed, the barrel is the same length as the stock, with a good recoil pad, when folded up tightly..

Are you sure that barrel is still at least 18" long only including permanently attached pieces? Because if it's not you could be in serious legal difficulty unless you have the appropriate paperwork.

I have seen a few Model 42 Winchesters with Cutts on them. I understand that they were both a factory Item and offered as an Accessory at times. If you find a 42 with a Cutts on it that has no choke marking on the barrel , it is a REAL collectors item.

Back