Did not want it but ended up with a makarov

RON 1

I had to take to make a deal a makarov , it is new in box bulgarian, has holster 2 sets of grips one with star the other black with thumb rest, take down tool , snd lanyard strap plus 100 rounds of ammo.To my suprise when I took off about a pint of cosmoline and looked closely it seems to be a very well made and well finished little pistol. I think I have about $130 in the whole outfit..can anyone tell me how they perform ////thanks

Congratulations!

If it performs like most any other Makarov, you should be pleased with it. They are quite reliable, accurate, and fun to fire. Ammo is cheap and plentiful (I'm speaking specifically of Russian ammo). Check out the following link to learn more about your little treasure. I believe you'll really enjoy your purchase.
DAL

http://makarov.com/

I got a Russian one from Auction Arms a couple of months ago and was very surprised and pleased with it's performance. It's not the lightest thing in the world to carry and I'm not crazy about the issued plastic grips, but it is a nice little package none the less. You did well for that price! Enjoy!!

Hit the "search" button and type in
"makarov". Lots of recent discussion.
See the thread from 12-6-00 entitled
"Is the Makarov anything special?" - 44
postings.
After reading this, I went out & bought
an E. German Mak. There is also a recent
thread that I posted called "Which
Makarov accessories" - I got some good
advice.

Makarov

Ron, They are great little guns, You should not be disappointed. I have an E. German and love it. You won't find a better bang for the buck ;)

You've gotta love these little guns. Accurate, reliable, nice ergonomics, and inexpensive to boot! Yeah, they're a bit heavy for their size, but nothing is perfect (but it's pretty close). Like DAL said, check out makarov.com; practically everything you want to know, and lots of accessories available.

I have had my Mak for about 4 years now. I am very pleased with it. It was my first carry pistol, and even though I carry a G30 now, there is still a soft spot in my heart for my little Russian friend. :)

Back