Dicks Sporting Goods Remington 700

dead bird

Inactive
First time ever out to a store on black Friday. Picked up two Rem 700 ADL Varmint from Dicks this morning. One in 223 and one in 22-250. Out the door for $404.50 each before rebate. Net price after rebate $304.50 each. Not a bad price for a new Rem 700. Each one also came with low end 4-14 scope, rings and base. The clerk told me that they are special runs by Remington for Dick's Sproting Goods. I almost bought a third in 308, but I think I have enough 308's.

DBird,
I have one in 22-250 and it is fun to shoot as to its heft and minimum recoil. Wouldn't want to carry it in the field though. As for the savings, is the rebate a mail-in or instant? If mail-in, you may want to read the fine print and make sure it doesn't say "1 per household". I remembered a similar rebate several years ago and they were strict with that exception.

Twins, mail in rebate......I will read the fine print, any suggestions if it is only one per household. If I use two different addresses it will be the same store receipt. We'll see what happens. I also got an additional 10% off by opening a Dick's charge. 22-250 is a new cal for me. What are you shooting through it as far as bullet weight and powder. After I get some dies and a scope I will pop it's cherry.

Yes the h bar was the one "on sale."

I picked up an ADL in .308 for $379 at Academy outdoors a couple weeks back. Very happy with it.

Dead bird how do these shoot? 1 moa? Better? I bought one in 308 from dicks but haven't had the chance to shoot it.

Rem44, I have one in .308 Win. When I have Federal Gold Medal Match ammo, mine holds at about .75 MOA out to 500 yards, with several groups under .25" at 100 yards. I will be replacing the stock soon, as it does not free float the barrel when a bipod is attached and is just flimsy overall. Also, due to the availability of ammo, or rather lack thereof, I am going to start reloading here in the next month hopefully and then I will see what she is truly capable of.

Here is mine:

IMG_20121230_142056_zps4c6c8fb9-1_zpsb00e0e7c.jpg

Back