DGW Catalog

AKexpat

I haven't had a Dixie Gun Works catalog since Turner Kirkland was in charge, and that was a couple of decades ago. Since I am now retired and somewhat newly acquainted with my Pietta 1851 Navy steel .36, I have been earnestly seeking info about C&B relvolvers. You BP folks here on TFL and other BP forums have been an immense help.

I digress. I ordered a DGW catalog exactly one week ago and expected delivery time was 3-5 weeks as it would be shipped bulk rate.

USPS must not have much to do these days. I have, in my hands, said catalog.

My Dad used to get a yearly catalog from DGW back in the 60's and we would take turns poring over it. Funny, but he never had a BP firearm and loved reading it.

The new catalog is just about as thick as it used to be and at first glance it seems very much as it used to be, except Turner's mug is not in any of the pics. (His Grin!).

If you want one, pay $5 for it with no shipping (bulk rate) and you will probably get it (maybe) in a week this time of year. Forget about paying $2 for express shipping unless you just can't wait a couple of days.

Jim

Well, I have spent last evening and some time today perusing the DGW catalog.

OMG... they want a fortune for BP rifles/pistols/shotguns. I would go to Cabela's for any deals, although they have many complete guns that Cabela's does not offer.

To wit: DGW offers a Pietta 1851 .36 steel with a [squareback] trigger guard as a London Navy. I have an order into Taylors and Co. for such a part and am awaiting confirmation of shipment from Pietta from them in order to create my Pietta 1851 .36 steel frame into a Second Model Colt 1851. Try to find that from any other outfit. DGW sells limited parts and won't confirm nor deny that they can obtain that part.

If I was a BP long gun purist or experimenter, DGW has parts galore. I notice that there are few guns/parts for .54 cal long guns. I had a long-ago friend that downed a moose every year in Alaska using a BP .54, but I have no idea what gun it was. He thought my CVA .50 was anemic. Lol.

I have much more reading to do. G'night folks.

Jim

Back