Dewey Cleaning Rods

JimB

Inactive
Hi,

I have a couple of vintage Winchester's (not for sale). I am looking at aquiring some quality cleaning rods for them.

Does anyone have experience with Dewey Cleaning rods? http://www.deweyrods.com/

Which would be better stainless or coated?

TIA

I use Dewey coated rods and Sinclair bore guides on all my bolt guns. I think they are great. Storage can be a problem, but I just keep them in the cases with the rifle they are intended for.

------------------
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war.

I think Dewey coated one peice rods have become the standard for serious riflemen. The are a real joy to use and cleaning bores is something you do a lot of when you shoot a lot.

I agree with our father of history, Herodotus. The Dewey is the choice rod for riflemen. I use a dedicated Dewey for my HS Precision .308 rifle.

Thanks I guess I can't go wrong

Maybe he can be talked into taking credit cards via the net?

:)

[This message has been edited by JimB (edited April 15, 2000).]

Dewey's are great. I use one for my Remington 700 PSS and my AR's.

[This message has been edited by ArmySon (edited April 15, 2000).]

I have several Dewey coated rods and agree with what has already been written.

For my next cleaning rod, I'm going to try a Bore Stix - They're manufactured by Bore Tech, are also coated and I've heard some great things about them from other shooters whom I consider to be knowledgable.

Cliff

Well, having read this thread and getting some man-on-the-range feedback, as well as bending the snot out of a multi-piece rod yesterday, I'm getting a Dewey.
smile.gif

Hello all. I have two Dewey coated cleaning rods. A 30 inch servic rifle rod for my AR, and a 44 inch for my Rem 700 in .308. they both perform flawlessly. On the storage issue of cleaning rods, Sinclair International makes a one rod or two rod cleaning rod holder. I have the two rod holder, and it is exactly what I needed for storage. Every shooter should have a Sinclair catalog. Sling Shot

Back