Destruction of 4473 after 20 years?

I do know that an FFL is required to maintain any 4473's for 20 yrs. Beyond that I lack knowledge and the gunstore is closed right now, so I can't ask them:)

After a 4473 has been maitained by a gun dealer for 20 years he is allowed to destoy it, yes or no?

Or, do they get shipped off to the ATF?

The ATF take control of the 4473's if they are under 20 yrs. old and a gun dealer goes out of buisness (for whatever reason i.e. bankrupt, death, loss of FFL etc...). Are they required to destroy the documents after the time limit is up?

If they are required to destoy them, how do we know that they actually do it instead of illegally keeping records? I say this because we all know what a bunch of fine, upstanding types the ATF is composed of.

They need to be destroyed after 20 seconds. What I own is nobody's business but mine past the point of sale. They need to abolish this dictator's shopping list ASAP. The last thing I or anyone on here wants is a hit list all wrapped up in a ribbon for the next ill intended tyrant, whomever she may be...

During the Clinton years, ATF was illegally entering the info. from these forms in a database. If I remember correctly, NRA filed suit to halt them. I don't remember what the end result was. Unless I'm mistaken, there's a loophole that allows ATF to not destroy the 20 year old ones ... but they're still not supposed to use them.(sounds like my wife's policy on tupperware with lost lids)

Animal, that is FUNNY!!! so if the ATF takes momma's stance they just gotta use more saran wrap? that was what she did with the tupperware with out lids!
Brent

Back