DESERT EAGLE MALFUNCTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

twoinchgroup52

Shot my MK VII 44 mag for first time today. At 25 yards I was all over the place. Gun failed to lock slide open after last round and had occasional stove pipe jam. Someone told me the Federal match ammo I was using didn't have enough umph! Think this is the problem or is it something else??

Tried hotter loads yesterday. Still had a couple of failures to lock the slide open. More problematic is the fact that I noticed that the jams, which are still happening, jam the case forcefully onto the bolt! Can this be a problem with the extractor??

I know a guy who got a .44 DE recently and it came with a list of reccommended factory ammo. Did you get this list with your gun and was the ammo you shot on the "good" list?

The problems may just mean the gun isn't broken in yet. Of course, 500 rounds of break-in with a DE is pretty expensive. If it was me, I'd try racking the action by hand a few hundred times to try to wear in the mating surfaces. Might not work but worth a try.

I'd also clean it well and oil the action and see how it does.

Edmund

I would thoroughly clean all of the gas system parts. Do you have the DE gas cleaning tool? Also clean the return spring assembly completely. They tend to get messy. Make sure to soak the entire assembly and scrub it with a bronze brush.

Good Luck

i've had trouble with my h&k usp 9mm ejecting the rounds and someone suggested locking the slide back for two days. i did it for one day and it seemed to help. jf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back