Desantis ankle holslter

Alex Johnson

Does anyone own a Desantis ankle holster. I just bought one on ebay for $14.95 slightly used (their's still several more on I believe the guy that sold them must have bought them in bulk). Anyway I haven't seen more than pictures of it yet as it hasn't arrived. I figured this might be a good way to check out how I liked ankle carry with my S&W model 36 and at a cheap price. I just was wondering what the quality is of the Desantis holsters and how they stand up to wear. Any info would be appreciated.

I have a DeSantis belt scabbard that I bought off of Ebay. Quality is mediocre. The molding is off in a couple places. They use tension screws, so obviously they don't think their own quality is good enough for good retention. Mine had a thumb break that I very carefully cut off so it looks like it came without one. I just bought it to use at the range since we can't carry here in the Peoples Republik of Illinois. If we could I'd pop for some quality.

I think they make more than one style. I can sure vouch for the one I have, I think it is called an "Apache." It is the one that is made almost wholly of surgical or heavier grade elastic type material. It is stitched well and reinforced. Do a search on my name, I have written about it a couple of times. I have only looked that their other model, I wasn't really impressed with quality.

------------------
When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; IT IS that they shall be destroyed forever...Psalms 92.7

Back