Deport American Criminals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildalaska

Wait we can't...we are stuck with them ;)

Anyway, this study (which I dont vouch for since I haven't read it or studied the methadology) sure raises some interesting points neh?

Study finds immigrants commit less California crime

Tue Feb 26, 2:39 AM ET

Immigrants are far less likely than the average U.S.-born citizen to commit crime in California, the most populous state in the United States, according to a report issued late on Monday.

People born outside the United States make up about 35 percent of California's adult population but account for about 17 percent of the adult prison population, the report by the Public Policy Institute of California showed.

According to the report's authors the findings suggest that long-standing fears of immigration as a threat to public safety are unjustified. The report also noted that U.S.-born adult men are incarcerated at a rate more than 2 1/2 times greater than that of foreign-born men.

"Our research indicates that limiting immigration, requiring higher educational levels to obtain visas, or spending more money to increase penalties against criminal immigrants will have little impact on public safety," said Kristin Butcher, co-author of the report and associate professor of economics at Wellesley College.

The study did not differentiate between documented immigrants and illegal immigrants.

The question of what to do about the millions of undocumented workers living in the United States has been one of the major issues in the U.S. presidential election. Mexico, which accounts for a high proportion of illegal immigrants in California, was deeply disappointed at the U.S. Congress' failure to pass President George W. Bush's overhaul of immigration laws last year.

When Butcher and her co-author, Anne Morrison Piehl, associate professor of economics at Rutgers University, considered all those committed to institutions including prison, jails, halfway houses and the like, they found an even greater disparity.

Among men 18 to 40, the population most likely to be in institutions because of criminal activity, the report found that in California, U.S.-born men were institutionalized 10 times more often than foreign-born men (4.2 percent vs. 0.42 percent).

Among other findings in the report, non-citizen men from Mexico 18 to 40 -- a group disproportionately likely to have entered the United States illegally -- are more than eight times less likely than U.S.-born men in the same age group to be in a correctional institution (0.48 percent vs. 4.2 percent).

"From a public safety standpoint, there would be little reason to further limit immigration, to favor entry by high-skilled immigrants, or to increase penalties against criminal immigrants," the report said.

WildforwhatitsworthAlaska TM

Justice Dept. Figures on Incarcerated Illegals

"The U.S. Justice Department estimated that 270,000 illegal immigrants served jail time nationally in 2003. Of those, 108,000 were in California. Some estimates show illegals now make up half of California's prison population, creating a massive criminal subculture that strains state budgets and creates a nightmare for local police forces."

Up to a third of the U.S. federal prison population is composed of non-citizens, according to Federal Bureau of Prisons statistics - but not all non-citizen prison inmates are illegal aliens.

As to the "hard-working" claim, CIS notes: "The proportion of immigrant-headed households using at least one major welfare program is 24.5 percent compared to 16.3 percent for native households."
http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/3/27/114208.shtml

I wonder who we shoul trust the Justice Dept. or Kristin Butcher, co-author of the report and associate professor of economics at Wellesley College.

The study did not differentiate between documented immigrants and illegal immigrants.
There is a problem right there. If someone is an illegal immigrant they have, by definition, committed a serious crime, therefore they are criminals. That is like gathering gun death statistics and not differentiating between murders and suicides. You get allot of really neat numbers that tell you nothing.

Another problem is that when looking at LEGAL Immigrants, they are generally the better parts of society as the criminals are very rarely granted immigration to the US.

So yea, I'm HIGHLY skeptical.

Wild; you sure that study wasn't commissioned by La Raza?

grym, I just report, I leave interpretations to those wiser than me ;0

Another problem is that when looking at LEGAL Immigrants, they are generally the better parts of society as the criminals are very rarely granted immigration to the US.

See....wiser folks than me have already analyzed.....

WildinterestingyesAlaska TM

I understand that you qualified by not vouching for the study, but I just hadda ask.:)

See....wiser folks than me have already analyzed.....

Don't sell yourself short. You rate among the top wise guys.... er, aaahhh wise folks! Yeah, that's it!:D

I'm waiting for some "I dont trust the Feds as far as I can throw em" folks to quote Justice department crime stats to prove Ms Wellesley college wrong....:)

Bet it happens before this thread hits page 2.

WildimwatchingAlaska TM

I'm waiting for some "I dont trust the Feds as far as I can throw em" folks to quote Justice department crime stats to prove Ms Wellesley college wrong....

Bet it happens before this thread hits page 2.
So, then, your post was to solicit a certain type of response.

For anyone wishing additional information on the huge immigrant population in both federal and state facilities, that may be obtained here.

Based on my personal observations after having lived in CA for more than 10 years, I would say that the "study" is probably pro-mexican lies and propaganda. Nortenos, surenos, MS13, and about 10,000 smaller gangs? I'm gonna call BS on that.

There is a problem right there. If someone is an illegal immigrant they have, by definition, committed a serious crime,
Ya beat me to it, Crosshair!

Don't deport, execute. There be a lot of folk in this country who need be killed for what they done, regardless of their immigration status. Most crimes are commited by those who've commited a crime in the past. So long as we put up with repeat violent offenders I know we're not serious about fighting crime in this country.

Illegal Alien Crime Wave in Full Swing

On April 7, 2005, the US Justice Department issued a report on criminal aliens that were incarcerated in federal and state prisons and local jails.

In the population study of 55,322 illegal aliens, researchers found that they were arrested at least a total of 459,614 times, averaging about 8 arrests per illegal alien. Nearly all had more than 1 arrest. Thirty-eight percent (about 21,000) had between 2 and 5 arrests, 32 percent (about 18,000) had between 6 and 10 arrests, and 26 percent (about 15,000) had 11 or more arrests.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/1665

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back