Deluxe Remington Model 12?

dalpra

I'm looking at a 1922 vintage Rem Model 12, 24" octagon barrel, 22S/L/LR. However, this rifle has an upgraded checkered pistol grip stock with Rem. grip cap. Anybody know more about this model? How about value for a 95-98% example? TIA.

The best I can do from Fjestad's Blue Book is a Model 12C. "Similar to Model 12(22" bbl.), except 24" oct. barrel." 95%=$375,98%=$475. "Add premiums for Grades D,E and F." But it doesn't say what they are.
Okay, for background, the Standard Catalog '99 says the 12D Peerless has light engraving(VG=$1750), the 12E is called the Expert(VG=$2250) and the 12F Premier is heavily engraved(VG=$2250). No mention of a pistol-grip stock anywhere. John

dalpra, Looking for some competition for my Marlin #38? ;)

I can't really add anything, `cept at the Wickenburg Gunshow I once typed of, a guy had a whole table of them!! His were #12's A thru E, his whole collection!! Really scuffed, worn and not very pretty. Available as a collection for $2000. Probibly just the worst ones he had. Gotta cut the dead branches some time. Though I don't remember any engraving on the "D" or "E", at least any that was visable.

Your's (if I dare to call it that) sounds great! Luck.
anodes.

Back