Delta Elite 10 mm

PKAY

Found a Colt Delta Elite 10 mm on consignment which has been customized: jeweled chamber housing, combat hammer, and trigger. Also has a Pachmyer extended release lever. Shop is asking $599. I'm thinkin' more along the lines of $400-$450 range. Whadaya think, guys. Is this a gun to consider? Any collector value?

I see new (unfired) DE's in the $700-$800 range. If the gun is in really great shape, then $599 is certainly in ballpark. Nothing to lose in offering them less. If you can get it for $400, it's either not in very good ahspe, or the seller isn't following the market.

Thanks, RickB. Out here in La La land, a consignment gun usually nets the shop taking it 20% or more upon sale. Consigning a gun instead of just outright selling it also dooms the seller to netting far less than market. Consignments are made for a couple of reasons: 1) the seller doesn't want to go through the hassle of looking for a buyer, and 2) the seller can remain at arm's length from the buyer. Now, however, with the passage of SB15 in CA, where no "untested" handguns can be sold by a dealer except on consignment, both the seller and the eventual buyer must be present for the transfer at the dealer. So much for seller anonymity.

Just a guess on collector value... I would think that any collector value would be in an unmodified pistol. Once the parts are changed out and the jewelling or whatever on barrel hood it becomes like a car with a custom paint job, nice but worth less than a stocker in equal condition. JMHO

Too many DEs were made for it to really be a true "collectable" IMHO, and from what I've seen customized DEs command higher, not lower, prices. $650 for blued, $850 for stainless and $1000+ for Gold Cup DE are common prices I've seen, but you can do better. "Enhanced" Delta Elites came with skeletonized hammers from the factory. You can read about my Delta Elite on my web page (below).

Nice Car, CB!

...especially the turret mounted gun. Just bookmarked your site. I guess I'll make an offer on the gun and see what happens. Thanks for the info.

$599 would be a reasonable asking price around here. I bought a stock DE in brushed stainless, fair condition for $500 almost two years ago. I purchased a NIB Delta Gold Cup in blue(very hard to find in this finish) for a little over $900 last December. I'd pay $550 - $599 for what you described......Dan in GA

Back