• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Delete, please?

Bob Wright

My post "Most unusual .45" was originally posted, in error, under my "Ruger Single actions" thread. I copied it to the new thread but could not delete the original post.

Sorry. Help, Please?

Bob Wright

Done ... but in the future you can save yourself and us some time and effort by simply editing the post you want deleted and replace all the text with "Please delete". When a moderator sees it, he will delete it for you.

Hey Mal... On many vBulletin based forums there are "delete post" buttons. Any reason why we can't have one here? Just askin'. :p

Cheers,
C

I've seen some people on forums with a delete option get in a snit and leave the forum but on the way out (usually leaving an expletive-loaded manifesto) they delete all their posts and damage or destroy many threads due to the now-missing text/photos/etc.

Don H pretty much explained one of the good reasons for not allowing deletions by the general membership. In addition, TFL was and is intended to be a repository of good firearm and RKBA information. If members were allowed to delete their posts at any future date after a reasonable edit window, the threads could be full of holes and non sequiturs. In fact, whole threads could disappear if the originator of the thread decided he wanted to delete his post.

Admittedly there are quite a few posts that need deleting anyway, we'll do that for you. :)

Back