Delaware areas to shoot

suppost

Inactive
Does anybody of any safe and legal places to shoot my 22lr rifle? I'm tired of traveling 45 minutes to the state rifle range and finding it closed.

Delaware is seriously lacking in public places to shoot, and Ommmelanden is ... well, it is what it is. There is an indoor range in Dover (Shooter's Choice), but I've never been there, so I can't speak to its quality.

Shooters Choice is not the best indoor range from what I have heard. I just go across the PA line and go to Targetmaster. If you go to Targetmaster though, get there early. They rent guns there and the people that rent them are not always the safest. If you go early you will pretty much have the place to your self aside from a few officers. If you are interested in renting full auto, they can cater that as well. It's 10 bucks to rent long/handguns, and 20 bucks to rent FA.

Targetmaster is OK as indoor ranges go, but they are a real haul from Dover (probably close to 2 hours once you get through all the stop and go traffic on 202), and yeah, it gets really busy on the weekends with hour+ long waits sometimes. It's best to call ahead to see how busy they are.

It's best to call ahead to see how busy they are.

I just get there befoe noon.

And it is a hike from Dover, I am just not familiar with the southern DE ranges. Elk Neck State Park is a pretty good out door range in MD but that's a hike as well. I wish I could help more.

Hello. New to Delaware, Newark/Glasgow area, and looking for places to shoot

Anyone here members or familiar with the Delaware State Pistol Club?

How about the Delaware Rifle & Pistol Club?

Is there something wrong with the Ommelanden range?

As far as going into PA and Maryland to shoot, are there concerns about taking guns across state lines?

Back