Defective hammer on new Kimber U.C. !!!!!!!!!

nobody

Kimber put a defective hammer in my pistol. I guess I will have to send it in for a new hammer, unless they will send me a replacement.

[This message has been edited by nobody (edited February 05, 2000).]

It's a pretty good size chunk missing from an important area. I'd say it would be unsafe.

I think a call to Kimber would be in order.

Good Luck...

Joe

------------------
Go NRA

Yes, It looks like an accident waiting to happen. Kimber should give you a new part no questions asked. Good Luck!

------------------
Be mentally deliberate but muscularly fast. Aim for just above the belt buckle Wyatt Earp
"It is error alone that needs government support; truth can stand by itself." Tom Jefferson
If you have to shoot a man, shoot him in the guts, it may not kill him... sometimes they die slow, but it'll paralyze his brain and arm and the fight is all but over Wild Bill Hickok
Remember: When you attempt to rationalize two inconsistent positions, you risk drowning as your own sewage backs up.
45 ACP: Give 'em a new navel! BigG

So far, my email to them remains unanswered.
I called customer service, and was given the number for their gunsmith. I called the gunsmith-he was not in. I think I'll draft a letter and mail it.

I admit, it is a crappy looking hammer. The rest of the pistol seems well made. I still cannot get anyone to return my emails, and I can't get in touch with anyone who can send me a replacement. I am not impressed with the customer service at Kimber. If it were my company that sent out a pistol that could conceivably cause a negligent discharge, I would fall over myself getting a new hammer in the mail. I guess I would be just as well to order a new hammer from Chip McCormick for $25.00 and write off Kimber as a source of future pistol purchases.

Why dont you try actually speaking to a live person instead of using e-mail? You might get faster results. call 914-964-0771

I tried that number several times yesterday, but no-one would answer the phone. I will give it a try again today.

I finally talked to someone at Kimber.
Unfortunately, they won't send a hammer to me. I either send them the gun, or I have them send a replacement hammer to a gunsmith.
I'll just cut my losses and buy a new hammer from Chip McCormick for $23.00

[This message has been edited by nobody (edited January 12, 2000).]

Another broked!ck Kimmer... Where's R!kWr!ter?? hmmmm-mmm-mmm...

Jim Keenan: I wouldn't call it a POS, well yeah, I would! hehehehe :D :D :D :D :D :D ;)

------------------
Be mentally deliberate but muscularly fast. Aim for just above the belt buckle Wyatt Earp
"It is error alone that needs government support; truth can stand by itself." Tom Jefferson
If you have to shoot a man, shoot him in the guts, it may not kill him... sometimes they die slow, but it'll paralyze his brain and arm and the fight is all but over Wild Bill Hickok
Remember: When you attempt to rationalize two inconsistent positions, you risk drowning as your own sewage backs up.
45 ACP: Give 'em a new navel! BigG

nobody:

I am not surprised at your unanswered emails--I've snet them a total of maybe 8 and have only heard back once. Still, Kimber's offer seems reasonable (though they should pay shipping if you send it back to them).

I can't blame Kimber for insisting on some control in fixing their mistake since the hammer/sear engagement surface is too delicate an operation for an unskilled person--I am assuming that you're not a gunsmith?

From the looks of the hammer they stuck in my pistol, I would assume that whoever installed it at the factory was no more skilled than I.

Please do not blame the maker. The parts shipment from Baluchistan was late because they ran out of old San Miguel cans and Kimber had to use parts from Upper Bangladesh, also know as the precision machine tool capitol of the world.

Remember those pictures of guys at the Khyber Pass making guns out of railroad iron with nothing but a file. Guess who they work for now?

Jim

Back