Deer optics

M77

Inactive
Any suggestions on a good 3-9-40 for deer hunting for under 200 dollars? Im thinkin Nikon, right now i have a fixed 4 32 bushnell. Have no problems with bushnell but took an interest in Nikon. Any suggestions?

All replys aprecciated

I have had a LOT of trouble with deer "optics" in the last 5 weeks, in that I haven't seen any (well, not nearly enough). My Leupold is not the problem.

Oops, sorry - I was not helpful to your question. Yeah, the "prostaff" version of Nikon will run you well under $200 (about $150 new) - not too shabby a scope at all. The Swift Premier is also a good scope in that price range - many others as well I'm sure. Oh yeah, the Leupold "Rifleman" is good too - Leupold is not going to risk their reputation by putting out a crap scope for their economy line.

M77
I own a Burris Fullfield 3-9 40 mm. I purchased it earlier this year. I added the B-Plex (Ballistic Plex)reticle which has holdover markings for long range shooting.
I have had good luck with it but it is a bit over 200$ through the mail order dealers. Had a friend tell me that it was on Ebay for under 200$, wish I had known that before I bought mine. Good luck!
Mike

I have not found that a high power scope is needed for whitetails. Even for shots over 100 yards, a 4X works just fine. Going with a fixed power, 2.5x or 4x will fill the bill, and save you money.

I have a Leupold 3X9 compact on an M77 Ultralight. Bought it that way and it makes a great package. That being said, I've never actually used it past 3X. Starting from scratch I'd probably go for a fixed 4X to keep it lighter and handier.

Back