Deep concealment

shamster

For those who carry a handgun in deep concealment, meaning completely hidden (tuckable holster, belly band, ankle/pocket holster, pager pal, Thunderwear, etc.), do you still carry a spare mag, and if so, how? Carrying a spare mag on the belt would still hint that you have a gun wouldn't it? So I presume that if you need to completely hide a handgun on you somewhere, a spare mag must be completely hidden too.
Just wondering about this.

In another thread, someone mentioned an interesting idea- carrying a spare mag in a leatherman pouch. It might be a little slower, but well concealed.

-Hawkeye

Guardian in right front pocket in a pocket holster - spare mag in the left front pocket with some change a keys.

Mikey

Thunderwear has two pouches in front - one for the pistol, and one for the mag. If you get their 'federal' model, there is another, larger pouch behind the first two. With a little creativity, I'm sure you could carry 3 spare mag's if you chose.

hehe i like that trick. stick the mag in a gerber sheath. matter of fact i got two gerbers. bought one lost it bought another 2 months later found first. ahh well thats how it goes.

Tried the idea of using a knife/gerber type holder for a spare mag. Sooner or later someone will want to use it then what do you do?? :( "I just said I don't let anyone touch my tools" and walked quickly away and took it off. What I am getting at is this won't always work. I still often use it but not in places where you can expect people to need to borrow a knife or plier.
To be honest when I am on my own time I don't carry a spare mag.. :(

Kahr MK9 in strongside front pocket in a Kramer pocket holster and a spare mag in a Kramer pocket mag pouch in offside rear pocket . This leaves your offside front for Emerson knife and car keys . Good Luck , Mike...

Hi, I'm the guy who uses a leathermen pouch. My Action Direct belly band has a mag slot next to the gun. Since I would pull my mag with my left hand that didn't work. The leathermen pouch holds an 8 rnd 45ACP mag nice and tight. If some one asks me for my leathermen I just tell them it's not my a leathermen. If they ask what it is then I tell them. I have a license to carry and I refuse to act like a scared hamster because someone might know that I carry. I don't brag but I don't cowar either.

------------------
"It is easier to get out of jail then it is a morgue"
Live long and defend yourself!
John 3:16

Back