decisions, decisions....

Cuz

I have to make a choice and need some help...
I can purchase a Ruger 90dc or a Glock 19 for the same price....both post ban .
Now comes the delima..I like the .45 more than the 9mm, but I lean more towards the Glock because of the accessories that are available (sights, holsters, etc, etc).
So I guess what Im asking is...which would you purchase and why? how are both when considering at accuracy and reliability? I may be getting my CCW in the next couple months so that is also a factor in my decision...As I am unfamiliar with both of these pistols..Ill ask again, PLEASE HELP!

Both are as reliable as man is able to make a gun these days. The .45 is an inherently more accurate cartridge, with an arguably better track record for one-shot success. On the other hand; the 9mm is certainly easier to shoot, and ammo is certainly cheaper for practice(only PERFECT practice makes perfect). The Glock will certainly carry easier, w/less bulk and wait. I hate to belabor this w/other posts, but have you checked out the new version P97 Ruger .45?

You cannot go wrong with the 19. It will perform better than the Ruger in many aspects and will hold its value much more. I've shot both and have seen both traded in at a shop I help out at, and you will get far more in a future trade for the Glock.

Be Safe
Mike

I can purchase a Ruger 90dc or a Glock 19 for the same price....both post ban .

No such thing as a pre or post ban pistol, just mags.

I'd get the 19 if CCW is in your future. It's light, very resistant to corrosion, reliable to a fault, and has no sharp edges to chafe flesh.

Check out: www.rugerforum.com www.glocktalk.com

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

[This message has been edited by Tecolote (edited January 16, 2000).]

thanks for the help....uhh yeh pre ban mags is what I meant :) with all the new laws coming out every day, its easy to get mixed up hehe..again..thanks for the replies

Back