Decided on a P-32...now I have to find...

ReserveCop

I think I'm going to get a Kel-Tec P-32, as a pocket gun, based on the comments from my fellow TFL members.

Now I would like your suggestions on the best defensive .32 ammo AND the best front pocket holster for the P-32?

Thanks for your opinions.

I use Fiocchi 73 grain ball. In .32 I want to make sure I penetrate deeply enough and I am not convinced that the short barrel and weak .32 caliber is enough to expand hollowpoints reliably with acceptable penetration (12-14"). As with most things, YMMV. As for a holster, I use a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster - good kit!

Holster: Uncle Mike's size 1 pocket holster. Uncle Mike's also has a 'in the waist band', size 10 that works real well with the P32 also.

Ammo: I don't know what is best, but silver tips consistently come up as excellent when ever this topic is discussed.

Boxster.JPG

boxsterrear.JPG

http://webhost.btigate.com/~gunlethr/BOXSTER.html

As far as holsters go, you may end up with a $30, $50, or even $70 holster that fits the bill for you, let me add to what has already been said about the uncle mike's #1. Everyone with a P32 should have one, in addition to their Hedley, Holdster, Stellar Rig, Geek-a-sketch pouch (like the Boxter or DeSantis), or whatever else they decide. It's not the best, and you'll find others you like better, but you still have to have one for those "other" applications that come up. I use the Hedley Back pocket most of the time, but my UM#1 works great in a jacket pocket, inside jacket pocket, front pocket, and lots of other stuff I haven't even thought of yet. It's also where my P32 sleeps at night.

With that UM#1 you need to buy, you can then do the "Pussball" mod to it, which is to remove the stitching from the top of the "flap" on the side, and it turns it to a great spare mag holder.
View

The mod gets it's name from Pussball at KTOG ( http://www.ktog.org )

I carry Cor-Bon HPs in the hottest months, Fiocchi FMJ as soon as the weather cools off. I don't use a holster, but the stainless belt clips work well. An Uncle Mikes #1 can be modified to carry a spare mag as well as the gun.

Spring for the chrome upgrade if you're planning on everyday carry to prevent rust. Mabye even an A-Grip if you like them (I do).

Good Luck.

-AL-

Silvertips and Uncle Mike's #1 here. I've had expensive pocket holsters for my pocket pistols but prefer the simple, thin Uncle Mike's. Under $10 and works great.

Carry Ammo in P32

I've tested alot of ammo thru my P32, mainly because I was soooooo skeptical of the caliber, but I loved the little gun sooooo much. I tried most of the commercially avialible hollow points and some of the Ball. I settled on CorBons. THey are fast[ over 1000 fps in my P32], the feed, and they shoot to point of aim in my gun. I don't count on the little hollow point opeing up, but I do believe that it will help keep the round from "sliding off" targets[skulls], and help it "bite".

I did test the CorBon ammo on a deer that we had harvested during hunting season. Shooting the small doe[already dead, hanging up for skinning, about 100 lbs] behind the shoulder, we got complete penetration of 2 rounds, and 1 round stopped under the skin after breaking a rib. The recovered round showed nice expansion. The doe was approx. 11" thick in this area. Not great, but much better than I anticipated. It will have to do for a back up to the primary weapon.

thanks...

Now I have some other P-32 questions.

I have read on TFL about "hard chroming" the P-32.

Do you suggest I hard chrome the slide or the whole gun?

How much does it cost to hard chrome it?

Also, I have read about the "fluff and buff."

If I hard chrome the P-32, do I still have to "fluff and buff" it?

Thanks for your opinions.

The hard chrome upgrade from KT is $20.00. The slide/barrel are chromed, not sure what you mean by the whole gun - the rest of it is the polymer grip and aluminum frame.
You can send these parts regular mail to KT as they have no serial number.
You don't have to f&b your P-32, some benefit from it and others work a little better after it is done. Most probably don't need it. You can f&b chrome, just be careful. I would shoot it first to see how it works. It is always a good idea to polish the feed ramp.
Be aware that KT does not chrome the slide you send them, they replace it with another one.
Info. on f&b is at http://www.ktog.org See the "Tec Werks" link.
You don't have to do all that is illustrated there, most people just do the feed ramp, hammer/slide interface and slide rails.

Will Fennell and Big Al

I think those .32ACP Cor-Bon hollow points would be great if they were a little longer. My P-32 has fired absolutely everything I've tried, but when I loaded a mag with those short Cor-Bons, pulled back the slide and let it fly forward, that short little cartrdge just jammed into the feed ramp and stopped. I was astounded! I had never had a stoppage with my P-32. I called Kel-Tec and their P-32 gunsmith told me that they could not guarantee proper function with a round that short. I have not tried the Cor-Bons since, although I have heard that Cor-Bon has started making their .32's longer. Does anyone know for sure if the rounds are being made longer as of yet?
Fiocchi makes a semi-jacket hollow point that is loaded as hot as their FMJ. I use those a lot.

Kentucky Rifle

Good choice

I recommend sending the whole gun for the hard chrome even though they only chrome the slide and the retention pin. If you do, they will function test it at the factory and perform any required fitting. Mine has performed flawlessly since I got it back. I did a very light fluff and buff with the instructions at

http://www.ktog.org

Regards.

I recently e-mailed Cor-Bon about the length question. Here's the response:

"It has and does work perfectly in our Kel-Tec 32 test pistol."
Terry Murbach/Tech Support

Before you Fluff & Buff, or before you send your P32 to Kel-Tec, call 'em. I've been told numberous times that KT will do the "Fluff & Buff" free of charge when you send in for the chrome upgrade, if you ask!

Corbon....

Kentuchy Rifle,
Yup, the latest stuff IS longer. Terry Murbach @ Corbon is a buddy of mine, and the ammo we tested on the dead deer was some of the proto run with the longer lenght. The old stuff didn't run to well in my P32 either, and I had called Terry. The new stuff is longer....I don't have the lenght handy, but it is visibly noticealbe. My gun runs great on the stuff. They made the change early last fall.

I hope this helps,

Will Fennell

You bet it helps! And I appreciate the quick reply. I'll try and find some of the "new and improved" Cor-Bon .32ACP this weekend and give it a try in my P-32. :)

Kentucky Rifle

Back