Dean Grinnel (?) vintage article in Rifle magazine, help locate

bamaranger

I am trying to accuracy tweak a Ruger .44 carbine. Some online research indicates that in the mid 1970's, writer/gunsmith Dean Grinnel wrote an article concerning same, possibly in Rifle magazine. I am trying to obtain a copy of that article.

So.....all you old school rifleman that kept your back issues:

-Did Dean Grinnel write regularly for Rifle, as in a DIY articles?
-Can anyone advise for certain what month and year Grinnel wrote his article on the Ruger .44 carbine?

Wolfe Publishing has back issues available, and they are listed on line. Unfortunately the descriptions of those issues are very limited. Before I call up there and make an inquiry or attempt an order, I'd like to establish that I'm looking in the right arena.

Last resort is that I will call Wolfe Publishing and see if they have some sort of search, or researcher, that can help, but this post seemed an easy place to start.

I'll start second post regards accuracy tweaks for the old carbines in the near future.

You kind of threw me for a bit. I have all the issues of Rifle Magazine from #1 to the present date. Not quote so fortunate with Handloader sad to say. Anyway, I could not remember an article by Grennell that you remembered so went hunting. The only one I could find as "Tuning the .44 Ruger Carbine by John Y. Williamson. If you want a copy, send me a PM or E-mail where to send it and I'll have it off in the mail.
Paul B.
ETA: Rifle Magazine #32 March- April

well done!

That Sir, is a job well done! Thanks a bunch for poring through all those back issues.

My belief that Grinnell wrote the article in Rifle was based on internet dribble. Looks like the world wide web was half right......correct magazine, wrong author.

PM on the way.

Back