Dealer recommendations for C&R SBS and SBR

Capybara

Hi:

I have found out that once I get my NFA trust setup to buy my AOW, I am also legally allowed to acquire SBSs and SBRs but they must be C&R (Pre-1962), yup, I'm in California.

Have you ever looked for pre-1962 SBSs and SBRs? Pretty slim pickins out there. My Google-fu is generally pretty good but I am just finding a few items here and there.

Anyone have a good recommendation for a decent selection of C&R SBSs and SBRs?

Thanks.

receiver manufactured pre-62 or registered as NFA item pre-62?
I think you will have trouble finding registered items. People just didn't bother to register them back in the day.

Good question John, I am not entirely sure. The PC code states C&R SBS and SBR must be more than 50 years old. I would think that it wouldn't matter when they were NFA registered, it would matter when the receiver was made, but in California, who knows? I will research this.

Thanks,

Dan

Well, if it is just the receiver a number of companies would be more than willing to build you lmost whatever you want off of any of those receivers.

I have read this exception also allows people in California to own "assault rifles." A BAR, several SMGs come to mind. I don't live in California so have not researched it though.

Back