De-Registering in Re-Registering an SBR?

Beretta686

I have an SBR, AR-15 that I registered as an individual. It's the only NFA item I have that isn't in my trust and I'd like to move it to it, so they're all registered the same way and I can let fellow tustees have them if when I'm not around (and I'm willing to take a $200 hit just to do it).

However, as Form 4s are moving at the speed of I-don't-give-a-fudge, I was debating just dropping it from the registery and re-registering it on a Form 1 via e-file that I'll have back in a month or two.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Well, that is a work around for the HUGE wait ;)

If you put it back into 16" barreled config while you wait for the form 1, i dont see a prob

Nice outside the box thinkin:)

One question... Do you have to get verification that its off the NFA registry BEFORE you can re-form 1 it? How long does that take?

The other thing to consider is you can keep it as the SBR, yours as an individual, while you wait for the form 4 to transfer it to the trust. So the wait is not really effecting your use (so does the wait really matter?)

The other thing to consider is you can keep it as the SBR, yours as an individual, while you wait for the form 4 to transfer it to the trust. So the wait is not really effecting your use (so does the wait really matter?)

that is what I would do.

Back