• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

DB crash hangover??

ninenot

First, thanks for maintaining the site. Good stuff here.

Visited tonite around 7:30Pm (CST) and the site did not pick up my screen name, nor password. Reset the profile page, scrolled around, posted a bit, and went, briefly, to Free Republic. Returned and the 'welcome, ninenot' sign was on--except that it indicated my last visit was 4/11. My calendar reads 4/18. Still a few bits missing, or is it my rather weak-kneed PC??
Thanks again,
LAStich
ninenot
stich@mbusa.net

I think you've got some stale cookies sitting around... ;)

Here's what to do:

1. Delete all your TFL cookies by clicking on the "Log Out" link at the bottom of the Forum Summary Page.
2. You may also want to manually delete all TFL cookies from your machine, just to be sure.
3. Close your browser.
4. Open your browser.
5. Enter the site through the front door. http://www.thefiringline.com
6. Login at the bottom of the Forum Summary Page.

Enjoy! :)

Let us know if this works or not.

The same thing is happening to me. I have Invisible Mode shut off in my profile, and my browser set to accept cookies. Yet my username does not appear in the list of online members. I tried the above approach and still get the Netscape alert "The document contains no data". This isn't a big deal to me, I just mention it since someone else has the same problem. I assume it isn't a systemic problem since so many other usernames are listed as being on the forums. I'll mess with it some more.

Back