Davis Derringers - Good, Bad or Ugly??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob S

Every time I go to a gun show, I see many small derringers made by Davis. I always think that a small one in .32 might be nice and they can be had for around $75.00. Every time I start to pick up one, I stop myself because Im sure they must be junk... but I really dont know. Does anyone have any thoughts on these little guns? If you've ever had one or shot one, let me know what you thought.

I have a .32 and a .38 special. The .38 proved itself to be junk pretty quickly (too powerful... frame broke after about 100 rounds). The .32, however, has been a sweet little toy (stress on toy). I suppose they are probably junk, but they're so simple they're the kind of junk that can't really go wrong. Fun to have, a challenge to shoot, neat to display in your collection... but otherwise pretty useless really. I think everybody shoud own one, I don't think anybody should have to shoot one. :)

I have one in .38 special, and I have only run about 6 shells through it. at 15' I cant even hit the paper. I bought a S&W model 60 .357 snubbie for a pocket gun to replace it with. The smith carries just as well in the pocket, and I can hit fairly well up to 25 yards.

------------------
10MM Magnum.... tried the rest, now I got the best

I have a .32 ACP Davis Derringer. It is strange. At 7 yards, I cannot get on paper on a standard slowfire target. At 10 feet, it shoots centered and 10-16 inches low on a silhouette target. The sights are not just rudimentary, they are atrophied. I keep it loaded with Magsafes in a handy hiding place in the "throne room"! One of my personal "Red Zone" nightmares is a home invasion while I am, you know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back