Dave Spaulding (& Ruger's Tactical Tips)

chadio

If you haven't had the opportunity to visit some of the training videos on the Ruger site, I think you will be pleasantly surprised. The 'tactical tips' training series is done very well.

Dave Spaulding has excellent teaching skills and is very easy to follow.

Thanks Chadio, since I first read this post, I went to Youtube and watched all of them I could find, I think were 15. All very good, an I agree, Dave Spalding has a gret teaching style and really knows his stuff. I particularly like how he always recomends that you try several options, then pick what works best for you regardless if its guns, gear, or clothing for CCW. Good stuff. :)

I've had the opportunity to meet Dave at an IALEFI regional training seminar for LEO's. He taught a class to other LEO instructors and I would definitely take an all day course from him.

Dave Spaulding; gun press items....

Spaulding is also a good writer. He's put out a few gun press articles.
His "third eye" method for holding a loaded weapon is a good tactic. He also explains quick pistol magazine reloads & offers good advice.
To my limited knowledge, Mr Spaulding is a retired narcotics agent & agency firearms instructor. He took a lot of training classes & wrote articles for several publications.

ClydeFrog

he always recomends that you try several options, then pick what works best for you regardless if its guns, gear, or clothing for CCW

I like that, that statement alone makes me want to watch his videos.

Where to find the full version

Does anyone know where to find an un abridged version of this. Seems like it was all shot in sequence and the ruger site has segmented it into 2 min or less settings. Also the site made it tough to follow the cronology.

If anyone has a link to the whole thing at one shot I would love to watch it in order.

Regards, Vermonter

He has an upcoming RACS training seminar at the local Cabelas. Not a lot of feedback on it, but go if he is involved. Anyone ever been to one?

Back