Date of Manufacture

Thanks Jim.How'd you find that out?I bought that gun with my C&R but don't C&R guns have to be at least 50 years old?I hope this doesn't get me into trouble.:rolleyes:

I used a list pulled off a web site some time back. I don't know how good it is, but I don't think I would worry excessively. The onus of determining if an item is a C&R is on the seller anyway.

FYI, I just checked the ATF web site at www.atf.treas.gov and the only Sistemas I see listed as C&R are:

Argentine D.G.F.M. (FMAP) System Colt Model 1927 pistols, marked "Ejercito Argentino" bearing S/Ns less than 24501.

Argentine D.G.F.M. - (F.M.A.P.) System Colt model 1927, cal. 11.25mm commercial variations.

(Remember that, aside from the blanket 1946 date, a gun gets on the C&R list only when someone asks that it be put on. BATF does not do any review of their own or make any determination of what is a C&R unless or until they are asked to do so.)

HTH

Jim

Jim,

One correction on what a C&R gun is. Any gun that was actually manufactured over 50 years ago is automatically classified a C&R gun, even if it's not on the list. This does not include modern copies, or specimens that were manufactured more recently. This is pretty clearly spelled out in the regulations, and I have a copy of a letter from the BATF saying the same thing without the "legalese".

Correct, and my apology. Not sure where I got 1946; it should be 1951 as of this year, and it will continue going up each year. But a 1954 Sistema still does not make C&R.

Jim

Back