Date code on Piettia Revolver?

ZVP

I have most of the manufacturing codes up to 2010 but my new Navy model has one I haven't seen.
It's CM inside a square.
Anyone know what date it signifies?
Would anyone have the codes from 2010 till 2014? I'd like to keep a record of them for my own information.
Thanks,
ZVP

Thanks for the Codes!
They positively ID'd my new Navy as a '14 model.
I thought so because of the new packaging sleeve design. The "we the People" in red white and blue is a classy touch!
It's kinda like they want to have a new "coming-Out" to announce their huge effort in entering the market on a grand scale. Piettia is really trying hard through advertising and making sure there were plenty of "demo's" for the Gun Scribes to get hold of!
It's really neat being able to just go to the chart I have and get the manufacturing year of a gun! !/2 of the fun in checking older replicas out is hving these dates available/ It's almost always the first question someone asks when writing in about their revolver.
It's been bewildering in yers past (nothing like S&W's numbers are!) but with the internet available for us "D'ing is a lot easier!
Thanks folks!
ZVP

What happened to G & J?

With one exception, the following letters are not used to reduce confusion cause by light stamps: E, G, J, K, O, Q, R, V and W. That single exception is the letter E, which was used in the 'A' series for the year 1979. I suspect that use is what caused them to decide to not use some letters. I've seen what may have been 'AE' stamps that could not be discerned from 'AF' or even 'AH'. Here's the latest decoder ring (I haven't updated it for 2014 yet):

Thanks, mykeal, for that convenient chart..!

I easily saved it for future reference.

Your input is always appreciated. The percussion cap dimensions were especially helpful to me.

Back