Danville, VA AAF Tank Museum

Mattj4867

Hello everyone. I wanted to let everyone know and help spread the word on a very impressive tank museum. The AAF tank museum has a plethora of tanks ranging from ww1 to modern day. Among these includes the famous German Panzer, Russian t34, and the American Sherman. If tanks aren’t your style, then go into the gun rooms. They have a ton of military firearms like the Lewis gun, m60, bazookas and a lot more select fire guns. Of course they also have your typical surplus rifles like the Mauser, mosins, etc. another big appeal is the military uniforms. They have rare/unique and authentic uniforms. If memory serves me right, they also have one of himmlers uniforms as well.

This came off of there website.

120 Tanks & Artillery pieces
150 Machine Guns, Mortars, Flame Throwers, Recoilless Rifles, Rocket Launchers, etc.
Over 65 small arms
Over 340 International Tank & Cavalry General's Uniforms
32 International Children's Uniforms "Sandbox Soldiers Exhibit"
Over 2,200 hats and helmets in the "Headgear Of The World Exhibit"
Over 350 Tank & Artillery Optical Instruments

If you have even the slightest appreciation for military memorabilia, you will surely enjoy this place. I should also let everyone know that they are only open for 2days/week. Be sure to get there early if you decide to go because it can become quickly overwhelming.

Back