Daniel Defense DDM4 300 blackout

Lohman446

I’ve never been in the AR game so to speak but I was offered one of these used in the $1200 range. The 300 intrigued me.

Thought to a total newb on the AR subject

Posted in the pistol forum cause it is technically

Great rifle, great caliber, I killed a 400# feral hog with one shot 125 gr 300 BO supersonic ammo. The rifle at $1200 is worth it but no sensational deal.

Dumb follow up question. For short range use is there a massive quality difference compared to like the saint victor (new under $800)

Not sure what you mean by "short-range use?" Accuracy? Reliability for defensive use?

If you are looking for a defensive firearm, DD hands-down. The quality of parts and QA/QC will be much higher.

I'm not going to be taking shots at more than a couple hundred yards for anything but amusement. In reality its not a home defense weapon because I have that covered (maybe I change my mind).

Its kind of like buying one of those guaranteed MOA rifles. All that does is confirms its me. I'm not good enough for MOA to be vital. A 200 yard shot for me is pushing the limits of what I would attempt with anything but my well scoped .270. Not going to try it with this thing if I buy one

Back