Dan Wesson Vigil CCO

MJFlores

Hi everyone, does antone here own a Dan Wesson Vigil CCO? I just bought one, great gun. However...it doesn't seem to fit in a commander sized holster even though it has a commander sized slide. Wondering what people are using for a holster.

That’s really strange. I have a “plain” CCO, a Valkyrie, and three or four commander sized Dan Wesson’s. All fit in my standard government/commander holsters. Are you maybe trying to use an officer sized holster? What brand/type of holster are you using?

The particular holster was a Galco Fletch with a thump snap...the gun fit pretty tight, but the snap was no wear near able to close.

Are you by any chance trying to snap the thumb strap over the hammer when the hammer is down? The 1911 is intended to be carried cocked at locked, and I'm sure the Galco (like most other 1911 holsters with straps) is designed for the strap to go in front of the cocked hammer, over the rear of the slide itself.

I'm trying with the hammer cocked. I have the same holster for my 5" 1911 (Govt) and it fits with room to spare. I would just use that for both, but there's 3/4" of holster hanging there that I dont want or need.

Back